Drop-off Service in Virginia Beach & Chesapeake, VA
Drop-Off Services for Clients with Busy Schedules
Your time is valuable. In addition to the recent changes to our urgent care service designed to minimizeYour wait times, we are expanding our drop off service to increase availability for your pet’s well visits and minor illnesses. At your convenience, you can download our drop-off history form, and then drop off your pet in the morning, keeping your day free to accomplish your to-do lists.
Here’s how it works:
- Drop off time is typically between 8:00 and 10:00 AM. If you prefer an alternate time, please let us know when scheduling and we will do our best to accommodate this.
- Pick up time will be established after your pet has been examined, but will typically be between 4:00 and 7:30 PM Monday- Thursday and 2:00-5:00 PM on Friday and Saturday. If you have a specific pick up time request, please let us know at drop off.
- No additional fees associated with a drop-off appointment (free doggy daycare!)
- Your pet will be provided with fluffy bedding, water, and a mid day walk (or a litter box for our feline friends).
At Acredale Animal Hospital, we will always treat your pet like family and therefore remain attentive to
their needs throughout the day. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this service.
About Our Pet Grooming Services
We know that it can be challenging to find a groomer who will be gentle, take good care of your pet, and give your pet the “perfect” look.
We take great pride in providing the highest quality services to every pet that comes to us for a grooming appointment.
If you have a young puppy or kitten, let’s get acquainted early to help ensure that your pet will be comfortable with grooming throughout his or her life!
To get you started, print our gift certificate for your pet's first grooming appointment!
Benefits of Pet Grooming
There are many reasons to bring your pet in for a professional dog or cat grooming.
We’ve listed a few of the most important benefits below:
- Maintains healthy skin and coat
- Prevents ingrown nails
- Treatment for hotspots and skin lesions
- De-matting and de-shedding
- Flea and tick checks and treatment
- Medicated shampoos for dry skin and allergies
- Keeps your pet cooler in the summer
- They will look and smell great!
In addition to these benefits, pet grooming can also be relaxing for animals. Taking your pet to the groomer can help your pet feel great — like he or she just came back from the spa.
What to Expect
During a standard grooming and bathing appointment, your pet will be bathed and brushed, and then his or her coat will be trimmed. If your pet's nails are long, we can trim them as well.
Different pets have different needs, with some pets requiring a lot more trimming and brushing than others. We'll let you know if your pet has any special bathing needs at the start of the appointment.
Please review our Vaccine Requirements on our Boarding page, as these will also be required for all grooming guests.
How Often Should My Pet Be Groomed?
Most pets should be professionally groomed at least once annually and certain dog breeds need to be groomed far more often.
The length of time between appointments depends on:
- Type or breed of pet
- How fast your pet's coat grows
- Pet’s susceptibility to matting
- Time of year
How Can I Maintain My Pet’s Coat at Home?
Brush your pet's coat on a regular basis, but avoid excessive bathing. Bathing your pet too often can cause dry and flaky skin.
We welcome your questions about our grooming procedures and policies and are eager to discuss how we can make your pet’s next grooming appointment as happy and stress-free as possible.
Let us answer all your questions about our grooming services, packages, and prices. Call our office or request an appointment online.